Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Deadline aproaching...

Tomorrow the deadline to deliver the final version of the project where I'm working will be upon my team.

After all the misguided informations, the horrible specifications, the lack of communication with other teams the management decisions over technological ones we come to a end, the delivery. I can say that I am proud of what my team has accomplished: to get on a quite big code base and implement new features without loss of code structure and design.

There is no secret on how to integrate people with new code: let them play with it. By play I mean really do things that are totally useless. And let them explore it's flow of data, how the interactions (he user for example) create streams of information jumping from object to object.

In the end the developers will have a more clear view of what's happening in the code, so faster in creating new code and even faster in detecting bugs and correcting them.

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." I couldn't keep myself from remembering this wonderful quote from Douglas Adams, one of my favourite comedy writers.

No comments: